Help Wanted. See Bill Alsnauer (614.296.5960) or Jerry Roderick (614.436.9506) about any of these:
- Bus drivers. We need additional bus drivers, without which we become unable to deliver the program our scouts have come to expect. We’ll help you train to obtain your CDL certification, including practice runs with you. We’ll pay for your licensing costs. You need a clean driving record (for our insurance), ability to manage the bus (we’ll help with the scouts), capacity to work with our schedule, a commitment for the next several years’ programs, good physical condition, and youth protection training to register with BSA 365.
- Bus maintenance help. Can you help to get our bus inspected annually, do any service required, maintain our lodging of the bus at Andersen’s?
- Rappellmaster. We’ve got two great ones, and can use another. We can’t go rappelling without certified folks at the helm. Is it you? Training is provided by the Council and Smitty, and it’s unforgettable!
- Spaghetti dinner cooks. Our spaghetti dinner is coming up in the spring. We need cooks to finalize the menu, order & buy supplies, take care of preparation, do the cooking. Probably a ¾-day job, with work ahead.
- Spaghetti dinner coordinator. We need someone to coordinate folks working on the dinner, including the possibility that we’ll do “dinner and a concert”, coordinating with the church’s music program. For our dinner, Scouts will serve, families will bring dessert, adults will cook, we all clean-up.
- Service help. All our service projects need adults 2-deep. And they’re fun and satisfying, whether in the outdoor environment, serving our chartered organization, working in the community, meeting special needs. Can you help?
- Summer camp help. We need trained adults to share the week, or a coordinated part of the week, in June / July / August. We’ll help with the training. Camps in Ohio (Chief Logan) or out of state. Can you help?