The “Turtle” is returning April 27 and 28, 2013 and it needs a name. Try your hand at naming the 2013 “Turtle”. If your name is selected, it will be used on the neckerchief that will be given to all participants. In addition you will be recognized at the Campfire with some neat prizes.
What is the “Turtle”? The “Turtle” is a very special Buckeye District Camporee and comes only once every 4 years on two feet, two wheels or possibly two paddles. The “Turtle” will be 52 years old in 2013.
Previous names have been (in order since 1961): Silver Turtle (1), Gold Turtle (2), Bronze Turtle (3), Green Turtle (4), Bicentennial Turtle (5), Silent Turtle (6), Diamond Turtle (7), Presidential Turtle (8), Discovery Turtle (9), Pedal Paddle Pack Turtle (10), Dave’s Turtle (11), Freedom Turtle (12) and the Century of Scouting Turtle (13th).
As you can see, the name needs to be short and end with “Turtle”.
You can email your entry or snail mail it by using the form below. Each entry must include the “Turtle” name, your full name, your Scout Troop, Scoutmaster Name and his Phone Number. Get your entry to Tom Pauling by 31 January 2013.
- All entries must be delivered to Tom Pauling by 6 pm 31 January 2013.
- Include the name of the Turtle (ending in “Turtle”), your name, your Scout Masters Name and your troop number.
- Only Registered Buckeye District Scouts are eligible.
- Only one name per email or entry.
- In case of ties, the earliest entry received will be the winner.
Good luck to all Scouts…..
Questions? – contact Tom Pauling