The official website of Boy Scout Troop 365, Worthington Ohio 43085 — Scouting 365 Days a Year. Visit us most Monday nights, 7 pm, at the Worthington United Methodist Church, 600 North High Street. Outing questions? Call your Patrol Leader: Kody P (SPL), Chris M (Delta), Joshua B (Black Dragon), Knoble P (Viking), Brett S (Shark), Nick G (Eagle).
What’s coming up?
- May 23 – Chief Logan Planning Meeting; 7pm in the WUMC Browning Lounge
- May 26 – American Legion Service Project, 1:00-2:30pm, Help place poppies at the grave stones of veterans to honor our military service-members. Meet at 700 Morning Street, right off Dublin Granville Road to go to Walnut Grove Cemetery. Please attend if you can.
- May 27 - Memorial Day Parade, Meet at 9:30am on the eastern edge of Hartford Park, in full uniform; remember to invite a Veteran to march with us. No Meeting Monday Night.
- May 28 - PLC cookout, 6:00-8:30pm at Wilson Hill park; All PLC members invited.
- May 30 – Gettysburg Menu Planning, 6:30-8:30pm at the WUMC (Allen Lounge)
- Jun. 1 – Rappelling, day trip to rappel in Hocking Hills
- Jun. 3 – Court of Honor
- Jun. 4 – PLC meeting, Current and newly elected officers please attend.
- Jun. 10 – Troop Meeting, our first summer meeting — Troop Officer Elections. Our meetings in the summer will be every other Monday.
Rank and Merit Badge Changes for 2013
- The requirements for rank advancement, Eagle Palms, and merit badges are effective January 1, 2013, through December 2013. Check out the changes for 2013 and the ones coming for 2014!
- The planning has begun for the Summer 2013 outings! This year the troop is putting together some awesome summer camps at Chief Logan, our own Gettysburg Adventure, and three high adventure options (Canoeing, Philmont, National Jamboree) for those scouts looking for something more. If you are interested in any of the high adventure options, you need to get signed up soon!
Troop Committee / District News
- The minutes from the latest Troop Committee meeting can be found on our Troop Committee page. All adults are welcome to attend our Troop Committee meetings. Check our Calendar for the next meeting.
- Do you get the Buckeye District e-news? Here’s a April 2013 copy. Check the District website to keep up-to-date.
- Have you read The Scouter? It’s a free publication put out by Simon Kenton Council on a bi-monthly basis and full of scouting news. Here’s a copy of the Spring 2013 issue.
Forms you need?
- NEW 2012 version of the BSA Annual Health & Medical Form, required for your son or you as an adult. For most uses, you PRINT only Part A & B. For a physical exam, you PRINT A, B & C. Open it on the web, fill it out, then print to complete at your medical exam, and sign. Give a copy to our Scoutmaster. Save a filled-in form for yourself. This is an ANNUAL REQUIREMENT, so many parents do this when their boys take a sports physical, while adults take it with for their annual examination.
- Our Generic Permission Slip. Here is our generic permission slip for people to go on our treks. Remember people need a medical form, too. You’ll note the reminder about discipline, knives, and prohibition against smoking or controlled substance use in any of our activities.
- We are always looking for additional volunteers to assist with the various activities of BSA Troop 365. If you would be interested in volunteering, check out our Help Wanted page for more information.
The Boy Scout handbook has the newest online elements for you — Scoutcraft, Woodcraft, Camp craft! Videos, maps, links.